Routine to Academic Success
Viết bởi: Le Quoc Chon, 04 12 2021
Step 1: Set Goals
Goals help to keep you going by:
- Providing direction
- Increasing your attention and focus
- Increasing your motivation and effort
- Reducing your anxiety and increasing your confidence
Develop SMART goals that are: Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely
Step 2: Have a Positive Attitude
- Be positive about your ability to succeed
- Look forward to what your will learn
- Have an inquiring mind: get curious about your subjects!
Step 3: Manage Your Time
- Set a realistic schedule for yourself
- Know where your time goes (awareness is key)
- Study for 2-3 hours for every hour of class time (eg. if you have 6 hours of class per week, aim to study at least 12-18 hours per week).
Step 4: Read Textbooks & Course Readings
- Survey chapters before reading; read the chapter summary, look for bold and italicized words to indicate important concepts
- Review chapters and readings before class
- Re-read chapter and readings after class
- Make study notes
Step 5: Attend your Lectures
- Intend to learn something each class you attend
- Do assigned readings before class- you'll take better notes
- Ask questions: this will enhance your learning process
- Sit in the first few rows - you'll pay closer attention
Step 6: Record your Lecture Notes
- Take notes in class
- Review and edit notes after class (within 24 hours)
- Aim for 3-4 major reviews of your notes before exams
- Highlight import points, draw diagrams, make definitions
Step 7: Prepare for Exams
- Review past exams
- Make practice study questions
- Memorize definitions and formulae - try cue cards
- Know the type of exam to expect
- Eat balanced meals and sleep 8 hours per night
Step 8: Write Your Exams
- Have a positive attitude; do your best
- Arrive early with an extra pen and any necessary supplies (e.g., calculator if permitted - with fresh batteries)
- Read test questions and instructions very clearly
- Budget your time; leave time for review
- Relax and don't forget to breathe
Có thể bạn quan tâm
27 05 2023 Xem thêm
Doanh nghiệp cần các kỹ sư và nhà nghiên cứu giải quyết vấn đề của doanh nghiệp đó như tối ưu vận...
16 03 2023 Xem thêm
Cần phải xác định đúng vấn đề và tìm một team phù hợp.
18 02 2023 Xem thêm
Just speak as much as you can.
04 01 2023 Xem thêm
Lấy tổng tài sản (đã trừ nợ, trừ thuế) chia cho tổng số cổ phiếu.
28 12 2022 Xem thêm
Đồng tiền từ mồ hôi nước mắt của bạn nên phải cẩn trọng trước khi đầu tư. Phải xem xét lịch sử kinh...